For repeat NYC visitors who are ready to explore the many layers of this multi-faceted city that many tourists don’t see.
Venture beyond the boundaries of Manhattan and discover a fascinating world of ethnic, culinary, and cultural delights in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, and Staten Island. Experience more of a local neighborhood by choosing a hotel outside midtown.
Ideas for First Time Visitors:
- The Empire State Building
- Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island
- Ground Zero: 9/11 Memorial
- Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Central Park
- Times Square
- Take in a Broadway Show
- Grand Central Station
- Explore a neighborhood such as SoHo, The Village or 5th Ave. etc..
Ideas for Repeat Visitors:
- Ride Staten Island Ferry
- Top of the Rock Observation Deck
- The Cloisters
- Grand Central Station
- Rockefeller Center
- Museum of Modern Art
- The Apollo Theater
- Explore Arthur Avenue in the Bronx, the “real” Little Italy
- Ride the Cyclone at Luna Park in Coney Island
- Explore the Museum of Moving Image in Queens
- Relax and learn at Snug Harbor Cultural Center in Staten Island
- Take a walking or tasting tour
- Bike around New York City
- Take in an Off-Broadway performance
The 13th edition of this celebration of international literature focuses on countering bigotry, misogyny and xenophobia through the theme “Gender and Power.” Along with readings, dance performances, art exhibitions, talkbacks and lectures, the seven-day festival will feature events that engage participants in critical discussions and activism. Venues include theaters, bookstores and museums across the City; Samantha Bee, Trevor Noah and festival founder Salman Rushdie will be among the scores of artists and activists participating.
It’s nothing but an old-fashioned good time at this free shindig, where DJs spin 45s of the funk, soul, punk, new wave, pop, salsa, rock, calypso, reggae, R&B and disco varieties (plus, we’re sure, a few genres they forgot to mention).
Featuring an array of art and design venues, this design fair will feature installations from the Noguchi Museum, Huniford Design Studio and the LAB at Rockwell Group, which will design an undulating passageway at the entrance of Skylight Clarkson Square. The four-day event features programming from innovators in the design and art worlds.
Distance from Major Airports
- JFK (John F. Kennedy Airport, NY) – 15 miles
- LGA (La Guardia Airport, NY) – 9 miles
- EWR (Newark International Airport, NJ) – 16 miles
Local Tour Guides